Sierra Madre Rapid Respons
Donald Trump just crossed a red line, violating the independence of the investigation pursuing criminal charges in the Trump-Russia scandal and cover-up.
Trump putting himself above the law is a threat to our democracy, and we’ve got to get Congress to stop him.
We're mobilizing immediately to demand accountability, because Trump is not above the law.
Once you sign up, make sure to invite friends to join you at the event!
IMPORTANT TIMING NOTES:
- Please make note of the date, time, and description to confirm that the host is able to organize the event on such short notice! Hosts may set a time and date for events that works better locally than 5 PM on Thursday.
- If the date of the event is far in the future, it has not yet been updated by the host from the placeholder date and time set before we knew if or when events would occur.
If you choose to attend an event, you agree to engage in nonviolent, peaceful action, to act lawfully, and to strive to de-escalate any potential confrontations with those who may disagree with our values.
The host has marked that this event is wheelchair accessible.
This is just a "placeholder event" posted so that people looking to connect with the organizers of future events in the Sierra Madre area can "RSVP" to this and get their name on the contact list for future events. If you are interested in participating in the group that is organizing for Sierra Madre, please friend us on our Facebook page, "Sierra Madre Rapid Response Team". If you just want to be notified about future Move On actions, just RSVP to this event and fill out the form.
Thank you so much to all of you who attended the 11/8 event in Sierra Madre. The turn out was far beyond our expectations and the energy was super high and very inspiring! You are all AMAZING!!! To assemble a crowd of that size (a rough head count puts the estimate around 350) in just 24 hours was astonishing. I hope we can continue to grow these events.
I apologize to those who could not make the event because of the 5 pm start time. I do understand that many who wanted to attend could not do so because they were not able to get there because they get off of work at 5. Please know that the time of the event was set by Move On.org and was likely done so so that we could be seen by the heavy street traffic at that hour. The event this evening did run til about 6:30, so in the future if you get off of work and can get there by 6, you can replace those who had to leave earlier and help to extend the event a little longer.
Future events will be posted here as soon as your local rapid response team is notified by Move On.org. They will call for action as events unfold that require a presence to demonstrate our resistance and outrage. Such events would include:
1. Firing Mueller
2. Pardons of key witnesses
3. Actions that would prevent the investigation from being conducted freely, such as replacing Mueller’s current supervisor, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, or repealing the regulations establishing the office.
4. The Mueller investigation releases findings showing significant wrongdoing by Donald Trump, or Congress.
5. The administration blocks the public from seeing Mueller's findings.
If any of these events unfold, please check back here for scheduled events or check you email for notifications.
Again, thank you so much for you passion and support in these critical and challenging times for our democracy.
IMPORTANT TIMING NOTE:
This event has not been confirmed by the host in the last 24 hours. It is very likely that people will be showing up at this location at the time for which national protests have been called — 5 PM local time on Thursday, November 8. If you attend and don’t see an emcee, please gather peacefully and legally, hold signs, chant, and take pictures—and here is a link to more resources to help the event go well—including suggested chants and signs.
Kersting Court (corner of Sierra Madre Blvd. and Baldwin Ave.)
Sierra Madre, CA 91024
- Kim K. Lauren P. Karen R.